Just about this time last year Owen and I were setting off down to join Eve of St Mawes for a week sailing on the Fal. Just by chance I “Googled” the name of my grandfathers boat “Treize” and there she popped up FOR SALE on a brokers website in a boat yard in Cornwall. Of course we had to take a side trip to have a look at her and that’s where the story started. Or rather re-started, as she was built in 1939 and my Grandfather bought her in the early 50’s and this is how we found her in a yard, looking rather unloved and at risk of no one ever loving her again. So we set off on the journey many other wooden boat owners have followed and yes she is now ours and hopefully on the way back to her former glory. It might just be a slow trip that’s all. And we don’t really know where she will take us!
April 14, 2011
By rose bugler
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 14th, 2011 at 7:52 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @CowesOnline: America's Cup returns to Naples in 2013 bit.ly/TG1TLp 8 years ago
- mind you these look fun if not pc furhatworld.com/wool-buffalo-c… 8 years ago
- @littleshipclub1 looking forward to the talk on Nelson in the Caribbean tomorrow night 9 years ago
- RT @rosebugler: bit.ly/vqIWR1 Well done Owen, completed in style, swim across lake, 5'C , cycle 25 & run 7 miles proof via #Instagram 9 years ago
- RT @rosebugler: #firstchristmaswithout Its a tough time of year when its the first christmas without a loved one bit.ly/s5tIYG 9 years ago